Kaufman County Juvenile Lawyer
Is your child being investigated for a crime? Has your child been arrested or detained by law enforcement? Has your child been taken away by the juvenile authorities and you don't know where to turn?
Hi, my name is Tracy Gray. I’m head of juvenile defense at Guest and Gray Law Firm Your child is facing a legal emergency when they being investigated or charged with a criminal offense. In order to protect your child's rights you must immediately hire a juvenile defense lawyer.
Every parent is frightened when his or her child becomes the target of a criminal investigation. I have the experience to guide you through this process.
What are your child’s rights? How will this affect his or her future? Will he or she still be able to go to college or to the military? Will your child be taken away from you? Will this be on your child's record for the rest of his life? I have the answers you need, and the experience your child deserves.
In Texas, a juvenile defendant has more rights than an adult. But the process is not at all like it is portrayed in Hollywood.
- The government (police or juvenile probation) may interview your child outside your presence.
- Only an attorney has the right to be with your child during these interrogations.
- Your child will not be taken to the local county jail, but will be housed in a detention center, sometimes an hour or more drive from your home.
- Parents may only visit their children at the detention center at certain times.
- An attorney can meet with the juvenile client at any time while they are in the detention center.
- Juvenile defendants are entitled to a detention hearing, but may be forced to wait up to three days before a hearing.
- Many court-appointed lawyers meet their client in court for the time. Most court appointed lawyers are given no information about the case until the first court appearance.
- Only an attorney you hire will have the opportunity to prepare in advance and be ready to fight for your child at the initial detention hearing.
At Guest and Gray Law Firm, we have a team of juvenile defense attorneys with the experience and knowledge to guide you and your child through the legal system. Our team consists of two former Kaufman County Assistant District Attorneys, one of which was the former Kaufman County Juvenile Prosecutor.
Some of the types of juvenile cases our attorneys have handled:
- Family Violence
- Possession of Controlled Substances
- Possession of Marijuana
- Sexual Assault Allegation
Our attorneys have represented juveniles in Kaufman County, Dallas County, and Hunt County. We have experience working with the police departments and/or school I.S.D.s in Forney, Kaufman, Mesquite, Dallas, Crandall, Terrell, Mabank, Kemp, Scurry and Greenville.
As with any other type of case, time is of the essence in juvenile defense. We cannot begin to protect your child until you hire us. Regardless of whether your case is in Kaufman County, Hunt County, Rockwall County, Dallas County, or another county, we can help you fight for your child.
In Texas, parents have options when facing the juvenile justice system. You have the right to hire an experienced juvenile defense lawyer to fight for your child.
Please call us at 972-564-4644 to schedule a free confidential consultation with one of our juvenile defense attorneys.